Sunday, March 28, 2010

Feeling better and better....The Prozac Wonder?

I'm losing the stumbling gait, constant tiredness, and zombie-like quality of the Trazodone, I'd call it pretty much gone. Even though this is only day three of the Prozac, I feel calmer, more balanced, and I'm becoming less weepy. I actually feel happy at times. I hope this is headed for stabilization, not a manic episode. My therapist says Prozac has less incidence of swings into mania than the anti-depressant I had trusted (off and on) for years, Lexapro.  The only think is Prozac has killed my appetite and given me a very upset stomach.  I've dropped 7lbs in just a couple of days, weighing in last night at 121lbs. For someone with an eating disorder, this is a slippery slope.  I'm not sure if the Prozac appetite/upset stomach effect is lasting or lets up as my body adjusts to the medication. (Note: this is a noted side effect of Prozac, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, and upset stomach).

For now, I'm just happy to be feeling better mentally. We'll work on physically as I feel better  mentally.

 (Sterling Roses are my favorite: they announce happiness, peace, and beauty.)

No comments:

Post a Comment