Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bye Bye Trazodone, Hello.....

Well the new "cocktail" keeps lithium and klonopin, while tossing Trazadone and changing to Prozac.  The list of drugs throughout my depression (even before I was diagnosed as Bipolar) is long indeed. What works for one, doesn't work for others and a drug that has work can lose its' efficacy so you have to start all  over, adjusting to a drug, moving up the dosages, and hoping it works.  It can be such a whirlwind of drugs, you start to loose count.

I suppose there's a lot of misinformation out there about Bipolar and depressive disorders. It just doesn't quite work like, "Stop being sad", "Snap out of it", or "Just choose joy". I promise if it were, except true self-loathers, would do it, readily.  Who wants to feel like life is so full of sadness, it just isn't worth living? Who wants to feel totally hopeless and alone?  Who wants to feel like they are carrying around a large demon on there back that sucks all the hope out of the world? 

I hope to report in a week or two (though it may take 6-8 weeks to be effective) that I'm out of my depressive mode.


No comments:

Post a Comment