Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Another Oddity to Add to the Pot

Did I forget to mention I'm also OCD (this also partially explains my eating disorders because they fall into the spectrum of control issues, though one of my therapists says the medical society/DSMV IV is looking at recategorizing the spectrum of eating disorders)?

My OCD can show up in different forms at different times. My most "peculiar" OCD habit is that I must eat off a certain plate and use a specific fork and/or spoon. This is not a want, it is a must. I put away the dishes but if for some reason Mr. Jane goes scavaging and rearranges things (as he always does, just tosses things willy nilly when searching) and I cannot find my plate and utensils, it causes me extreme stress and anxiety.  The other thing I've become OCD about are my downstairs floors. The entire house is hardwood laminate and there's red mud everywhere here. With two toddlers, Little Jane and Littlest Jane, plus a Mr.Jane who walks outside in his socks, trampling through the mud, dirt, grass, sidewalk, wherever, you get it, you can imagine how hard it is to keep floors clean in my house. Dirt and crumbs, it's a never-ending battle and there are days I will vacuum or sweep and mop up to five times per day. 



So if you ever come to Wahiawa and make your way to my home, please, if you take your shoes off, don't look at the soles of your feet or the bottom of your socks, you'll think I need to be on that delightful tv show, "How Clean Is Your House" and send Kim and Aggie packing my way. Also, don't hide or use my plate and silverware, you'll witness a meltdown. The silverware is one of those cheap sets that has blue plastic around the handle and it's already coming undone. God help me when it's finally no longer useable.

Today's mood:  Up and down, slightly weeping, trying to hang in there. Seems it may not be as bad as some, but could turn in an instant or it could be, at best, a semi-steady day, not looking like an "up" or "manic" day.

No comments:

Post a Comment