Friday, May 21, 2010

Really Kind of Bummed...But Feeling Better

Overall, I am feeling much better. I am happy, excited, filled with some hope.  I am re-starting college to finish my B.A. and then I plan to move on to my master's.  That gives me the feeling of empowerment, of being able to take my life any direction I want, save for one problem.

I want my  master's and PhD to reflect something in the area of Behavioral Science or Forensic Psychology because I want to work for law enforcement or the FBI in those areas, studying and profiling criminal behavior. I'm disheartened because I think due to my bipolar and suicide attempts, no one will ever hire me, so my hopes are dashed.

I did learn something about the FBI this week. Only 1/3 of all agents are "Special Agents", the ones requiring a four year degree and three years professional work (as in waaay professional, not even as "just" a beat cop!). But to be a non-agent, the requirements aren't as stringent. I hope to go to an information session on base, held and given by the FBI, and come out with more information. To be a "Special Agent" one of the best jobs you can do is Naval Intelligence. Hey, that would pay off my  undergrad, my grad school, and give me awesome benefits (and the family) and set me up for a job with law enforcement, FBI, even a U.S. Marshall. Hubby says he can't see someone my petite size doing that kind of job. LOL.

Who knows where I'll be in four years? But it will be further along than I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment