Saturday, May 1, 2010

Just Can't Distinguish....

It's been a while since I've posted. Generally, you can assume I'm doing well when I don't post, I'm in a state of eveness, not a pattern of mania or depression. These last several days though, have given me pause and I just cannot distinguish if I'm having "normal" "down" mom days, what's normal for a mom of two toddlers who rarely gets out of the house and has zero social interaction OR if it's that I'm falling off of the precipice again, into depression. As I type this, it occurs to me that likely the two are interrealted and go hand-in-hand. I'm considering calling my therapist on Monday and looking into increasing my Prozac dose, something we were going to look at in our next session any way. 

If someone could cure depression, imagine the millions they would make, imagine the lives they would improve, imagine the families they would save and heal, imagine the lives they would say. My skeptical side says the  FDA would never approve such a drug because of the trillions that the drug companies and government would lose out on. I'm just thankful that at most, I have to pay a co-pay of $22 and knowing that some months that's a tight fit into a budget, I can only imagine what it's like for the person that must pay hundreds for any medication and cannot have their cure or at least the aid they need to function in a normal and healthy fashion.

This post  sort of derailed but I suppose it's not useless fodder.

No comments:

Post a Comment